Giants to host double-header this November
Manchester Giants will host an exciting double-header on Sunday 19 November, with the club's men and women both in action at the NBPC.
The Giants men's team will host British Basketball League leaders London Lions (3pm tip-off) before the women take centre stage against Sheffield Hatters (6pm tip-off), in what will be just their fourth match of the 2023/24 campaign.
The Giants Women also come into the fixture buoyed by a fantastic 86-56 home victory over Cardiff Met Archers in their previous outing.
Supporters can enjoy two games for the price of one, with plenty of exciting action to come across the day.
On top of that, there will also be a fun and challenging basketball skills development clinic taking place earlier in the day, delivered by the club's Giants Women players.
Open to boys and girls aged 8-13, admission to this exciting event costs £25 per person and includes lunch and entry to both Giants games - further details can be found below.
Ticket for the Giants double-header, available to buy online or on the door, are priced as follows:
- Adults: £18 (rising to £22 on the door)
- Concessions: £15 (rising to £19)
- Child: £12 (rising to £15)
- Family ticket (2 adults, 2 children): £45 (rising to £50)
- Disabled: £15 (rising to £20)
Carer: One free carer permitted with each disabled ticket purchased
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a slight increase in price for tickets bought on the door, as shown above.
Youth skill development day
Come out and join us pre-gameday for an exciting opportunity to be part of a fun and challenging basketball skills development clinic, delivered by the club's Giants Women players.
The youth skill development day will take place at the NBPC on Sunday 19 November from 12:30-2pm. The deadline to register is Monday 13 November, and there will be a maximum number of 60 participants.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be contacted individually regarding food options from BoxCo!
What does the development day include?
Technical coaching from the pros, covering:
- Shooting: Technique and fundamentals
- Passing: Fundamental and creative passing
- Defence: Individual and team concepts
- Offense: Spacing and decision-making
- Small sided games, 3v3 and scrimmage play
Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 10 minutes: Warm-up and intros/fun games/icebreakers
- 10 minutes: Group ball-handling/dribble drills
- 50 minutes: Stations 4x12 minutes of stations
Shooting: Technique and fundamentals
Passing: Fundamental and creative passing
Defence: Individual and team concepts
Offense: Spacing and decision-making
- 20 Minutes: Small-sided games (3v3 or 4v4 / King and Queens Court)
If you have any questions regarding the double-header or basketball skills development clinic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.